Thursday, January 18, 2007

Wasteful ...

Last night, I decided to take on the daunting task of cleaning out my pantry. It was a huge job to take on, but I got it about 85% complete. I need to finish the top shelf where I store the lightbulbs and paper products along with some misc kitchen items to big for the drawer.

I emptied out a lot of food that was past its "BEST IF USED BY" date ... that bothers me if it's past that date. I threw away cake mixes, frosting, soup, crackers, cereal, mac & cheese, canned veggies, stove top stuffing, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips ... etc ...

I had 4 big boxes and 3 garbage bags full of food that I threw out. Some of it was just boxes that were almost empty of rice krispie bars so I just kept the individual packages. I think I threw out about $300.00 worth of food.

Tonight the ds and I are going to go to the grocery store to stock it back up ! LOL !

It was nice to have a night off from hockey - it makes it for a long week or month or SEASON ! We have practice on Friday and 2 games Saturday, and 1 on Sunday. I also have to work the penalty box and the concession stand for a couple of other games each day ... *Note to self - DRESS WARM !

1 comment:

Mellie said...

I'm going to be throwing away a lot of stuff in the coming weeks so I know how you feel. I just can't take clutter so we're going to start fresh!