Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Cold Day In ...

the Midwest ! You all thought I was going to say hell ... didn't you ? Be honest ... it's ok !

I woke up this morning, took a shower, got ready for work ... walked from the kitchen to the garage, got in the car, started it up, backed out ... and drove the ds to school. That is when I had to get out of the car to sign him into his early morning program ... and BRRRRRR ... was it cold. With the windchill it is -15 degrees ... PLUS we got some snow yesterday, which we haven't had all year ! I HATE THE WINTER ... I'm moving !

So, tonight we have to drive 25 miles or so for another hockey game. I hate driving on the interstate, at night, and especially in cold weather ! Oh, big deal ... I can do it ... I'll have to put on my glasses though ! WOW. That made me feel old.

When I get home tonight, I am gonna put my jammies on and snuggle up in bed ... after sitting in a cold hockey arena for an hour and a half, on top of the outside weather ... I want to get warm!



Moving on to On this date in baseball ...

2003

Gary Carter becomes the first, and perhaps the only player to wear an Expos hat on his plaque when he is inducted into the Hall of Fame at Cooperstown in July. Although the former Montreal catcher had expressed his desire to go in with a Mets logo, the team he is employed by and was part of its 1986 World Series Championship, the Hall of Fame makes the final decision.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I am so glad to see you are enjoying your baseball calendar-- it is right up your alley.

I hate winter too- and the cold can be gone now-- let's head south....

Counting down the days to a trip !!

Niffer

Mellie said...

Come live in South Carolina! :)