Monday, January 29, 2007

GOAL !

Well, the ds had a busy weekend of hockey once again ...

We had a 90 minute practice on Saturday and an out of town game on Sunday.

We stopped at the store Saturday night and picked up some snacks to share with the team - just because we like to do things like that.

The ds had his first goal too ... I got teary eyed ... he was so happy ... he turned around to make sure I saw it.

He took a shot, blocked by the goalie. Fellow team member gets the rebound, blocked by the goalie ... the ds goes for the puck, skates behind the net, and stuffs it in the corner ... SCORE !

He got to keep the puck, and they had written the date, his name, location, and that it was his first goal ...

*sigh* I was so excited ...

AND ... my parents went ice fishing in our fish house, up by Canada ... my mom scored a 31 inch Walleye ... it's getting mounted ... she is so proud ...

Image has been modified to protect the innocent !

2 comments:

JTT said...

Oh Novy that's so cool!! I love the way you described it -- and coming around back and stuffing it in the corner!! SWEET!!!

That's so nice they dated it and gave it to him -- we still have the ds's first homerun ball -- his friends jumped in the river to get it and dated it "First Home run" LOL!

I can just see him looking over at you too -- great, GREATEST moments of life.

Novella said...

it was awesome ... gave him a boost he really needed ... I remember another parent squeezing my shoulders in excitement ... and everyone congratulated him ... *awww*