Monday, April 03, 2006
Opening Day - GO RED SOX !
Happy Monday Everyone !
Today is Opening Day for the baseball season. Thought I would share a funny or two …
On October 21, 2004 the American Medical Association (AMA) issued an advisory that the Universal Choking Sign has been revised.
Four baseball fans, each from a major league city, are climbing a mountain.On the way to the top, each is arguing about how loyal they are to their team and what they would do for their team. As the climb progresses, the odds increase. Upon reaching the top, the Mets fan shouts, "This is for the Mets," and hurls himself off the top. Next the Brave fan yells, "I love Atlanta, this is for the Braves," and hurls himself off the mountain. Suddenly the Red Sox fan yells "This is for everyone," and pushes the Yankees fan off .
WAYS TO ANNOY A YANKEE
* Take your own sweet time when doing ANYTHING.
* Pronounce all one syllable words with two.
* When giving directions, finish with "it's right down yonder on the left."
* Talk REAL slow, and ask them to speak more slowly so you can understand what they're saying.
* When they talk nostalgically about the North, tell 'em "Delta's ready when you are!"
* Talk loudly and often about SEC football or ACC basketball.
* Refer to every soft drink as a Coke.
* Always order sweet tea and/or grits. When they don't have it, raise a ruckus.
* Offer to send 'em a bottle of fresh air.
* Insist on being addressed by your first AND middle names. (e.g. Lisa Marie -- John Michael -- Jim Bob. . .)
* Frequently bring up "The War of Northern Aggression" in conversation. If anyone ever says the words "Civil War", always interject that "there was nothing civil about it."
* Address all males as "son" and females as "little lady".
* Correct their pronunciation of certain words. For example: It's "pee-can."
* Put Tabasco on everything.
* For New York Yankees: Act as if the whole state of New York is New York City. In other words, if they say "Yo, I'm from upstate New Yoik!" say , "Well I'll be, my wife has always wanted to see a Broadway show!"
* When invited to dinner, offer to bring dessert. Show up with a box of Moon Pies. . . banana ones.
* Name all of your children "Bubba."
* Use the word "reckon" in a sentence.
* "Mash" buttons. "Cut" off lights. "Carry" the kids to school. "Fetch" something.
* Never simply "do" something. Be "fixin to do" something.
* Tell them you don't have an accent, they do.
* Be sure to include "yes/no ma'am/sir" in all conversations..
* Only use landmarks and ramble on when giving directions. "Now go down Jeff Davis Highway and turn left at where the Chevron station used to be. I think they turned it into a Amoco. Or maybe a BP. Anyway, turn right there. . ." "You said left." "Did I? Well, turn left there and follow it until you see a big fish on your left. I remember when that fish used to be on the other side of town.."
* Ask them if it's still snowing up North. Then tell 'em you went driving around in your convertible this weekend.
* Call 'em a yankee. Works every time.