Friday, February 24, 2006

Causes of heart burn ...

Well, I survived the hectic work week. I don’t know why it was so rough this week, gee whiz! It could be that I have suffered from heart burn all week, and it still hasn’t gone away. It could be the excitement that it bottling up inside for the upcoming trip to Boston, nothing gets better than that! Could it be that players are reporting to spring training, and that means we are getting closer and closer to MLB’s Opening Day ? Maybe it’s all the stress at home with my sweet DS … he’s been keeping me busy this week.

Today for the DS was crazy hair day at school. At this point of the year his hair is kept longer because he is a hockey player, and I like that look. I will be taking him in for a cut in the next couple of weeks, but he had to have crazy hair today. Last night we bought this wicked super hold hairspray (I am even afraid to use it on myself, because it is so strong!) and today we added some gel and glitter – wanted to make it look crazy … kids were laughing when we got to school this morning, I hope it really was crazy hair day, cause they didn’t have any ! I did eventually see some kids prior to leaving the building that participated – THANK GOODNESS !

I keep wishing I would be one of those lucky people, the ones that win the Powerball. I have been day dreaming about the things I would do with that money, and it is entirely selfish. Have you ever thought about what you would do ? My list is endless. Build a dream house, new cars, trucks, boats, 4-wheelers, snowmobiles, wave runners, cabin, east coast house, west coast house. And I just got started. However, I am also ending it too, I don’t want to get upset by listing all that I want to do with millions and millions of dollars that I will never have. (SIGH ….)

One thing I do in part of my daily morning ritual, I read my local obituaries. Not the ones where I currently live, but my local, BACK HOME, obituaries. It always saddens me to read them, especially when I find out we were from the same town. A friend of mine does the same thing, only she does it to see where they worked, and debates as to if she should apply for the position they had held. I just do it to keep up to date on the happenings of back home. My aunt says I know more local gossip than her and she lives there !

One of my best friends from home is about to be a father for the first time. His daughter is going to be born within the next 10 days. I can’t wait. He has always wanted to be a Dad, so I am happy for him. He just better refer to me as Auntie while she is little, the way my son refers to him as Uncle, dammit! It’s because I am an only child, and my best friends and I have always done this, because they all have siblings. I am anxious for her birth, I like to buy girl clothes and toys … much more fun than the boy stuff I have to buy … not more fun per se, but a change !

Side note … only 175 days until my upcoming baseball game ! Yes, only 175 … how in the world will I make it that long ???

No comments: